- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
32.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (8.40am to 3.40pm)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (To start as soon as possible until the end of Term 6)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- FTE £19,698pa (actual salary is £14,808.96pa)
- Actual salary
TEACHING ASSISTANT POST
Closing Date: Thursday 30th September at midday
Interview Date: TBC
Job Start Date: ASAP
Contract/Hours: Term time only
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Point 6 on the NJC pay scale
FTE £19,698pa (actual salary is £14,808.96pa)
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Teaching Assistant is required as soon as possible, to support pupils with physical and learning needs, and general classroom duties. Pate’s is looking for a Teaching Assistant for 32.5 Hours (Monday - Friday 8.40am-3.40pm), to join a team of enthusiastic support staff.
The position is temporary until the end of Term 6 and term time only, with the possibility of the contract becoming permanent. The successful candidate will have energy and enthusiasm, with existing expertise or qualifications relevant to the role of supporting students with physical and learning needs.
If you would like to visit our school, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment, tel. no. 01242 523169 or email email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check
For further information, a Job Description, Person Specification and a Job Application form can be found on the school website http://www.patesgs.org/ . Completed applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: Teaching Assistant
Responsible to: SENCO
This job description describes in general terms the normal duties which the post-holder will be expected to undertake. However, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post.
Also included in the duties of the post-holder are the 24 non-teaching tasks transferred from teachers to support staff in accordance with the workforce remodelling agenda.
Teaching and Learning:
• Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head master, SENCO and class teachers.
• Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes for children and help monitor their progress contributing to review meetings as appropriate.
• Provide support for individual pupils inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Work with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary.
• Assist class teachers with maintaining pupil records.
• Support pupils with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
• Assist teachers in maintaining high expectations and levels of behaviour.
• Prepare and present displays of pupils’ work.
• Support class teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support teaching.
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the head teacher or SENCO requires.
Standards and quality assurance:
• Support the aims and ethos of the school.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• Attend team and staff meetings, if appropriate.
• Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• To be aware of school procedures and support the work of the school, as outlined in policy documents and the School Development Plan.
• To have due regard for issues of confidentiality, referring parents to the class teacher or head master and to report appropriate information from parents, or outside agencies to the class teacher.
• To understand the regulations with regard to child protection and safeguarding of children.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.