We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Advanced Level Teaching Assistant to join our exceptional SEN department at Rainham School for Girls.
This post is for 29.75 hours per week, term time only. This post will be paid at NJC scale 5, £24,496-£27,344 (£16,792-£18,745 pro rata), depending on experience.
- A thorough understanding of the needs of the SEN department and the changing needs of the students with AEN Ability is required.
- Confidence to be with a class and act as the main support within that class following cover work and assisting where able.
- Evidence of qualifications in level 3 or above in a specific subject area.
- Ability to work as part of a team or equally independently.
- Must have proven ability to work with small groups of SEN students in a particular subject area.
- High degree of confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with students and their parents.
- To have a real engagement with the subject area and SEN students.
- Excellent communicator.
Applications will be considered on receipt and an appointment may be made before the closing date. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications. If you have not had any communication within 10 days of the closing date please take this as confirmation that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
Access to interview - should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist, we will.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check
This job post has expired.