Grade 3 (approx. 18,426 to 20,344 per annum pro rata).
Full Time, 37 hours a week. Usually 8:30am to 4pm
Term Time Only (TTO), plus inset days.
Starting January 2020.
We are already proud of our vibrant, well-resourced school and enthusiastic children, but we want to develop further! The Governing Body and headteacher wish to recruit an additional member of the support team, who will usually work in the early years or key stage 1.
You will :
• Have high expectations of the children you work with
• Be supportive and flexible
• Be a caring person with a warm demeanour
• Be an advocate of ‘unconditional positive regard’
• Have a good understanding of the primary curriculum and early stages of development
• Be willing to make a difference to all the pupils that you work with
• Show empathy with our children and staff
• Be a voracious learner yourself; willing to develop.
If you are new, or experienced with working in primary schools, we would love to hear from you if you are up to the challenge!
In return, our school will offer:
• Enthusiastic and well-motivated children with supportive parents;
• Friendly staff in a supportive atmosphere
• A collaborative and developmental approach to CPD and monitoring;
• The opportunity to develop your career in a forward thinking school;
Visits to the school are encouraged! Please contact our school office for details.
Application packs are available to download from www.wmjobs.co.uk or may be obtained from the school office directly. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged: please contact the school office.
Please return application forms to Peter Merrylees, School Business Manager, via the address above. We would prefer email applications, although it is not necessary. All applications will be responded to.
Our school is committed to Safeguarding Children and any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Coventry scale pay points apply, in line with our pay policy recommended by Coventry City Council. A probationary period will apply to the post for those new to Coventry schools.
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 12th December 2019.
Shortlisting Friday 13th December 2019.
All applicants will be informed of shortlisting decisions by email.
Interviews: Thursday 19th December 2019.
Essential educational requirements
Experience of working with children [in schools], or equivalent
• Good literacy and numeracy skills, usually including GCSE grade C or above English and maths.
• NVQ 2 or 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications
• A degree is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Essential skills and experience
Early years experience an advantage
Full training provided, including CPD, first aid and other school based training.
About Ravensdale Primary School
- Ravensdale Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 5GQ
- LA Maintained School
- Ravensdale Primary School website (opens in a new window)