- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed term contract to 31 August 2022)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £17,840 to be proportionately reduced to reflect hours per week, term time only working
- Actual salary
We are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants to take a pro-active role in the support of the educational, social and physical needs of our students. The successful candidate will support the curriculum and the school through the provision of assistance to the classroom teacher in the practical organisation of class activities and small group work.
Applicants will need:
• the ability to work with young people
• excellent communication skills
• self-motivation and a friendly manner
• a high standard of computer literacy and excellent organisational skills
• to be passionate about promoting learning and achievement for all
• the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• English and Mathematics GCSE grade C/4/NVQ level 2 or equivalent
If you have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and motivation to make a difference, we would welcome your application.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1323 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Redruth School
Redruth School is one of the most high achieving and progressive schools in Cornwall. We are very proud of our learning environment and the high standards of achievement reached by our students at the school. We believe that every child can succeed in life if challenged and inspired.
We encourage our students to celebrate their individuality and to have tolerance and respect for others, appreciating diversity and understanding the importance of community. Instilling British values within their education will develop resilient, resourceful and innovative individuals who can make a positive contribution to society.
Students should enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching, we believe that school is a place that students can make mistakes and learn from them and where kindness and good manners are as important as academic success.
At Redruth School the students come first, this is reflected in everything we do. A strong academic curriculum, supported by outstanding extra-curricular provision, help Redruth students develop the necessary skills to be successful in adult life.