Teaching Assistant (SEN)
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant for general class support, to commence as soon as possible. This is for 27.5hrs/week term time only, 9am to 3pm. Actual Annual Salary: £12,416
Bettridge is a special school for pupils aged 2-19 who have a wide range of learning difficulties ranging from moderate to profound. Many have challenging behaviours and complex medical needs. A focus on empowering and supporting pupils to achieve the best possible outcomes is central to the role of all staff members.
We are looking for staff who are resilient and flexible and have the ability to work as part of a team to promote a love of learning for all our young people across all ages, abilities and needs within the school.
Qualifications are not essential, however, experience/interest with pupils with complex special educational needs would be an advantage.
To apply, please log on to our website www.bettridge.org.uk where you will find the application form and more information about the school. Applications must be on the Bettridge School Application Form (CVs are not accepted), to be received by MIDDAY on the closing date.
Essential educational requirements
No specific educational requirements
No specific qualifications required
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to show sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues whilst maintaining confidentiality
• The resilience and flexibility to work in a friendly and rewarding, but extremely challenging school environment
• The ability to meet the physical demands required of the job
• The ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with difficult situations
• A commitment to supporting the school’s aims and objectives
• A willingness to work with any age group, ability and need within the school
• Knowledge and experience of pupils with complex special educational needs
• The ability to work under own initiative and be self-motivated whilst following planning
• An understanding of the principles of child development
CPD, Healthshield, comprehensive induction, cycle to work, regular on the job training.
About Bettridge School
Bettridge is a community special school based in Cheltenham. We provide an individualised, creative and exciting learning pathway for pupils between the ages of 2 and 19 within a safe and supportive environment. All pupils have a statement of specials educational needs, an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or are being assessed for an EHCP. Most pupils have severe or profound learning difficulties. The website aims to give you a brief introduction to Bettridge School. If you would like any further information, please contact us, we will be very happy to help. You can read the outcome of our latest Ofsted report here: https://files.api.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/2653709 We are committed to continuous professional development and provide a number of opportunities for this.
- Warden Hill Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 3AT
- Not Applicable
- Special School
- Bettridge School website (opens in a new window)