Teaching Assistant (SEN)
18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
4 September 2023
15 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
25 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 27.5hrs per week
- Fixed term - 1 year
- A1 - B1 £11911 - £12578 actual salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
Role: Work under the instruction/direction of SENDCo and teaching staff to support the delivery of quality learning & teaching of pupils with special educational needs.
1. To work with children who have complex needs, providing an appropriate level of emotional/physical support.
2. To attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement personal programmes.
3. Provide support to pupils who have communication difficulties.
4. Work collaboratively with teachers to provide effective support for learning activities.
5. Implement and contribute to planned learning activities
6. Provide support for pupils with challenging behaviour under the direct supervision of a teacher.
7. Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress.
8. Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment/progress under guidance of the teacher.
9. Support pupils in their social development and their emotional well-being.
10 To establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs.
11. To encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
12 To be aware of pupil problems/achievements and report to the teacher.
13. To provide administrative support.
14. To support pupils in respect of literacy, numeracy & IT as directed by the teacher.
15. To prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use.
16. To be aware of and comply with policies & procedures relating to child protection, health and safety & confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
17. To support differences and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
18.To participate in training and performance development.
19. To assist with the supervision of pupils in before and after school clubs and at lunchtimes.
20. To accompany teaching staff and pupils on out of school activities
What the school offers its staff
In return, we can offer:
- motivated and enthusiastic children with high standards of behaviour who deserve the very best opportunities
- an excellent building with good facilities
- supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately about our school and local community
- career development opportunities
Candidates are welcome to visit the school and this is strongly encouraged. Please call to arrange a mutually convenient time.
For more information about the school and what we offer at Gildersome Primary, please visit the school website www.gildersomeprimary.org.uk
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 131 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Gildersome Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 385 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Gildersome Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0113 2012450
Arranging a visit to Gildersome Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Level 2 Teaching Assistant - Temporary from 01/09/2023 until 31/08/2024
Hillsborough Primary School
Parkside Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S6 2AA
Hucklow Primary School
Hucklow Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 6TB
Ley Top Primary School
Avenel Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD15 7PQ
Brackenhill Primary School
Dracup Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 4HA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire