Penbridge Schoolis seeking to appoint aTeaching Assistant(SEN Provision)to work primarily within our inclusion centre, Rainbow Fish and across the Infants and Juniors sites as and when required.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade 4/C or above). Experience of providing SEN support in a primary school is desirable but not essential.
Rainbow Fish provides state-of-the-art facilities for children with complex cognition and learning difficulties aged between four and nine, who have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). The children work towards being able to integrate into mainstream for some learning, with a high level of support to meet their specific needs from the provision staff.Our curriculum centres on each child as an individual, looking at their starting points and next steps. Class sizes are up to 8 pupils.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached Job Description
- Provide teaching and learning to our students with the support of the Classroom Teacher
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Committed to supporting pupils to reach their full potential
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good ICT skills
- Participate in the Walking Bus between school sites as and when required
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
Formally known as Penhale Infant School and Newbridge Junior School, we officially joined together in September 2022 to form Penbridge Infants and Junior School.The infants site comprises of a nursery with 24 places for funded 2-4 year olds and a 2-form entry infant school with 180 children on the roll including 24 in our Rainbow Fish Inclusion Unit.The juniors site comprises of a 4-form entry school with 440 children on the roll.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.