Teaching Assistant SEN (Special Educational Needs)
11 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
2 April 2023 at 11:59pm
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hrs per week, Term Time only (39 weeks)
- Grade 6 pro rata, £24,684 - £26,845 per year
What skills and experience we're looking for
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our Additional Educational Needs Team from April 2023 (or earlier if available).
We would welcome applications if you are experienced, or looking to have a change in career (and take up new challenges). The successful candidate will be required to provide learning and care support on a 1:1, small group and in class basis.Good communication and IT skills and a high level of literacy and numeracy are essential to the post.
The role is 37 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks p.a.).
We wish to appoint candidates with:
- Ability to promote high quality teaching and learning
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
- A passion for improving students' lives and opportunities
- High levels of ambition and drive for outstanding performance from staff and students
The school is committed to safeguarding children and all applicants are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
What the school offers its staff
Cantell School is proud to be a heavily oversubscribed, inclusive comprehensive school with a student intake that reflects a wonderfully diverse and vibrant local community. Our fundamental mission is to provide an exceptional learning experience for every student so that they may lead a happy and successful life now and in the future.
We will offer the successful applicant:
- A committed and extremely supportive staff team
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our students
- A thriving community of students and parents/carers
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cantell School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1200 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cantell School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Cantell School has been on a journey of significant improvement over the last few years and we are proud to be known as a happy and successful school in Southampton, Hampshire and beyond. Our success is very much down to the hard work of our students, supported by a committed, passionate and dedicated staff team.
Arranging a visit to Cantell School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Wellington Academy
Tidworth Road, Ludgershall, Wiltshire, SP11 9RR
Amery Hill School
Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2BZ
Exeter House Special School
Somerset Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3BL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southampton and Hampshire