Suitable for NQTs
Grade 4 (pt 4) £18,426 PA pro rata (Actual Salary £11,482)
St Christopher’s C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and qualified
SEN Teaching Assistant, to support a child with social, emotional and mental health needs
This position is temporary, although an EHCP has been applied for, and the school have committed to providing 1-1 support particularly through the transition phase in September after the period of lockdown.
The role is 27.5 hours (in class) although there is also an option to combine this with other roles
advertised, for example after school club position.
We seek someone who:
• Has experience of/ is also willing to develop their knowledge through training, of working with children with SEMH needs.
• Is aware of strategies to de-escalate behaviour and support children to re-engage with learning.
• Is sensitive to the social and emotional needs for the child.
• Can establish good relationships with children whilst setting firm boundaries.
• Is able to identify children's strengths and targets to help build their development
• Is confident in working with students on a 1:1 basis, small group basis and assisting the class teachers where necessary
• Is able to work alongside outside agencies (including attending meetings) to support the learning and development of the child.
• Has good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with children, colleagues and parents/carers whilst upholding the ethos of the school.
• Is supportive and keen to work as a part of a dedicated team and to be involved in school life
• Will support and enhance the values of our school.
Applying for the job
To apply, please click on ‘view current vacancies’ on the ODST website at https://www.odst.org.uk/vacancies and then ‘search’ to find this vacancy. Applications must be completed on-line.
More on how to apply
If you have any queries or require further information please email email@example.com
Academy, Church of England
142 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About St Christopher's Church of England School
Our school is a small rural Church of England Primary School with a distinctive ethos founded on Christian values. Our vision is to have a school where:
• The uniqueness of individuals is respected and valued.
• The staff provide a safe and nurturing environment which supports children to approach their learning with an enquiring mind, courage and perseverance.
• Children’s continually evolving needs are identified and they are equipped with the skills and motivation to succeed.
• All achievements are recognised and children learn to value their own successes.
Arranging a visit to St Christopher's Church of England School
Due to social distancing we are not conducting on site visits but please go to our website to find out more details about St Christopher's - www.st-christophers.oxon.sch.uk
Lechlade Road, Lechlade, Gloucestershire, GL7 3LA