- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Will consider part-time, term time
25 hours per week Mon-Friday 8:30 to 13:30
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until July 2024)
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £17,553 to £18,577
- Actual salary
- £10,113 to £10,703
We are seeking to appoint self-motivated, firm and caring individuals to support the class teachers in developing the children’s learning.
The successful applicants would ideally have experience of working or volunteering in a school environment with knowledge of using strategies to ensure high expectations for all. Experience of specific learning needs e.g SEMH, ASD would be beneficial. You should be able to work well in teams, be able to liaise and communicate professionally with parents and our wider community.
We are inviting applications from candidates who:
• Have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or volunteering in a school
• Have a passion and enthusiasm to work in this role and potentially a career in education
• Have a proven track record of effective management of children
• Have at least an English and Maths GCSEs and are ideally educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
• Are working towards or have gained a Teaching Assistant Qualification
• We would also welcome candidates who have previous teaching experience and or are qualified to degree level and have a desire to train to teach.
We can offer:
• A supportive and welcoming team
• Opportunities for personal development through our Trust CPD programme
• A supported route into teaching (for those expressing an aptitude for this career) through our Trust’s Outstanding School Centred Teacher Training programme (SCITT).
• Term time working arrangements with a monthly salary.
• A fulfilling and rewarding opportunity working with and developing our young people in our wonderful school.
We are currently advertising for two Teaching Assistant posts: a permanent classroom assistant to support the class teacher and a teaching assistant to work with an individual within the classroom setting (this position is attached to a child and will therefore be for the duration of their time at Sir Henry Fermor, currently until July 2024 however permanent opportunities may be available both prior to or after this time).
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:30 to 13:30. Term time only. Additional hours may be available at a later date.
of our provision. Visits to our school are also strongly recommended. Please We strongly encourage you to visit our school website https://www.fermorschool.org.uk/ to find out more about our school, our ethos and look at some examples contact the school office on 01892 652405 to arrange.
Please note that these posts will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
For more information or a recruitment pack, please email email@example.com or call the school office on 01892 625405.
Grade 3 SS5 - Grade 4 SS10 - FTE £17,553 to £18,577 (Pro-rata £10,113 to £10,703, working 39 weeks a year)
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 (Midnight)
Interviews and offers: Thursday 30th September 2021
Start Date: 1st November 2021
Applying for the job
For further information on this role, please contact the school office on 01892 652405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deatils on how to apply for this role can be found in the attached candidate pack.
Applications should be via our school application form. Please note that CV's will not be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.