We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant with the energy and empathy to work with and support students with Special Educational Needs. We would be looking for the candidate to have previous experience in the role but in the right circumstances we would be willing to consider a candidate who had alternative but appropriate experience. The role also includes some 1:1 and intervention work with our most vulnerable students (specific responsibilities for the post will be highlighted in the job description). The successful candidate will join a small but highly effective team working across all subjects.
Why work at Southgate School
- You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, teacher training and student outcomes.
- Friendly staff and supportive working environment.
- We will provide you with exceptional support and provide excellent opportunities such as access to the Middlesex Learning Trust (MLT) Leadership Programme which has been implemented to support retention of our staff and provide clear career pathways within the Trust. Through this programme the MLT is able to identify and utilise the best practitioners and leaders to coach and mentor across the Trust.
- Access to the MLT Teaching and Learning Handbook, which sets out our shared principles for curriculum planning and implementation across the Trust as well as to termly publications of the MLT Teacher magazine, which staff from across the trust contribute to, looking at a wide range of topics. Recent topics have included ‘How Students Learn’ with a focus on cognitive science, ‘Closing the gap’ between all student groups as well as ‘Challenge, High-Expectations and Inclusion’ to ensure Excellence for All.
- Development of subject-specific pedagogical expertise through cross-school sharing of best practice and structured opportunities for developing subject knowledge with departments, for example through the development of a process for subject-specific reviews.
- Opportunity to be involved in peer review activities, including a Challenge Partners Quality Assurance Review.
- Opportunities for observing and shadowing practice across Trust academies.
- Flexible working considered favourably.
- A range of benefits, including the Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work scheme and free onsite parking.
Southgate School is situated in the London Borough of Enfield (Outer London) and it has excellent transport links. We are five minutes away from Oakwood Tube Station on the Piccadilly Line and central London is only 20 minutes away. We have parking on site and are also very well-connected by local bus routes. Additionally, there are plenty of shopping facilities, entertainment and recreational facilities nearby.
This job post has expired.