- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Term time
32.5 hours a week, 8.30am-3.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
Teaching Assistants required for Springhallow Special School.
Springhallow School is a unique, all age (4-19), Special School, for pupils with Autism and a centre of expertise in the field of Autistic Spectrum Disorders, and the ideal candidates will have the flexibility and willingness to work with pupils across the age range. Mainstream teaching assistants are welcome and are encouraged to apply. The post will involve working in a supportive teaching and learning team within a class setting, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at a key and exciting point in the development of the school.
You will be:
• experienced in working in a special needs setting
• highly motivated to work with children and young people with autism and
complex SEN, and be willing to learn and develop new skills
• energetic, enthusiastic, caring, flexible and committed to being an effective
• be able to demonstrate good communication skills
• competent in Literacy and Numeracy
We can offer you:
• a positive, supportive and hard-working environment where everyone is valued
• the opportunity to support amazing and sometimes challenging pupils
• excellent, and personalised, opportunities for continuing professional
Springhallow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought for the successful candidate, along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
The school is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
Chair of Governors: Edmond McCudden
Headteacher: Matthew Sartin
Our website provides a wealth of information at www.springhallow.ealing.sch.uk. Please contact the School Business Manager, Pam Wiggins, on 020 8998 2700, or firstname.lastname@example.org, should you require any further information.
We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.