- Set up resources / materials / equipment for lessons under general direction;
- Support structured and practical activities for groups or on a one-to-one basis;
- Order and maintain sufficient supplies of materials and equipment to enable delivery of lessons and assist others in their use within a small budget;
- Safely and securely store allocated equipment and materials to prevent unauthorised access / misuse;
- Clean and undertake maintenance of equipment as needed and as directed to ensure that it is clean and in good working order;
- Perform duties in line with health and safety regulations and take action where hazards are identified, including reporting any serious hazards to line manager;
- Undertake record keeping, as directed;
- To resolve problems in relation to resources / materials and equipment and practical learning activities.
Individuals in this role may also:
- Provide clerical and administrative support as directed;
- Responsible for the safe treatment and disposal of used materials, including hazardous substances and respond to actual or potential hazards.
- Knowledge / skills equivalent to National Qualifications Level 2 or equivalent relevant experience in a specialist area;
- Knowledge of appropriate use of specialist equipment and materials and ability to communicate this knowledge to staff and pupils;
- Ability to communicate with pupils and adults to provide technical information and provide support for pupils’ learning;
- Basic creative skills using standard approaches;
- Ability to carry minor loads; lift and move resources, materials and equipment which may be awkward;
- Experience of working in a technical / practical area, e.g. laboratory, craft room, workshop which may involve exposure to dirt, fumes, chemicals, liquids, possible hazardous materials, or working with potentially dangerous equipment.
To work as part of a team supporting and assisting pupils’ development and learning, facilitating access to dining and recreational facilities including physical and general care.
St Kentigern’s Catholic Primary
School is the oldest Catholic primary school in Blackpool. We are a small, busy
and friendly school. As a Catholic school, we offer our children the
opportunity to grow as young people and encourage them to develop a closer
relationship with God in an atmosphere of mutual love and
respect.We seek to live out the values of Jesus Christ daily,
promoting them by our words and deeds. Jesus told us to “Treat others as you
would like to be treated”, our school motto and this reminds us every day to go
the extra mile for the children within our care.
St Kentigern’s is a school we are
all proud of, it is a vibrant, positive place that provides a safe and
welcoming environment in which to learn. Our children enjoy coming to school,
are motivated by their successes and become confident, resilient citizens.
We aim to cultivate first class
partnerships with parents and carers, governors, parish and the local community
who play such an important part in the life of our thriving school.
BEBCMAT is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners, staff and visitors.
All posts are subject to:
● Medical clearance
● Verification of qualifications and National Insurance number.
● Two references including a judgement about suitability to work with children.
● A member of the interview panel will be trained in implementing Child Protection procedures.
● In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, online search be carried out.
For teaching positions, barred list checks and prohibition from teaching checks will be carried out.
For leadership positions, section 128 checks will be performed.
This job post has expired.