Teaching Assistant (TA1)
This job expired on 16 August 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2022
16 August 2022 at 11:59pm
26 July 2022
Full-time equivalent salary
- £13,699 per annum + pay award pending
Teaching Assistant (TA1) job summary
Working pattern: Term time & Inset days only
Working hours: 30 hours per week
Actual starting salary (calculated pro rata): £13,699 per annum + pay award pending
Salaries are paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
We believe all children deserve the very best early start in life. Do you? Are you passionate and committed to supporting children with their learning and personal development?
If you have answered 'yes' to both of these questions, please continue reading about our new and exciting vacancy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and committed Teaching Assistant. In a mainly classroom based role, you will work with colleagues to support both individual and groups of children in their core learning including: reading, writing, and mathematics. You will also provide support in the playground encouraging the children's development of positive social friendships and play skills.
As our new Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Provide support to the Teacher in the planning and evaluation of learning activities and support the delivery of learning activities
- Motivate and encourage students by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks
- Consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies
- Demonstrate active listening skills and communicate effectively with pupils, parents and carers
To be successful, you will have:
- Achieved Maths and English GCSE grade A- C or an equivalent qualification
- Experience of establishing positive relationships with young children and the ability to empathise with their needs
- A strong commitment to supporting children's learning
- A patient, resourceful, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Experience of working with/caring for children, have your own children, or have worked with children in a voluntary capacity
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly policies that are designed to support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, Job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, Open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
This role is very well suited to a graduate who would like to undertake initial teacher training in the future, acting as an initial springboard for your future teaching career. Take a closer look: Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: In 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
For more information about this opportunity, please download the job description & person specification and the candidate pack.
To have an informal discussion about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: 16 August 2022
Interview date: TBC
Proposed start date: 1 September 2022
Please submit your application today.
About Robsack Wood Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 478 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Robsack Wood Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
About Robsack Wood Primary Academy -Ofsted grade: Outstanding (2010)
Robsack Wood is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We promote personal achievement for all our pupils and provide creative learning opportunities so that every child succeeds. Our pupils enjoy an exceptional learning environment including outdoor learning in our Forest School, a large grassed playing field, adjacent woodlands, garden areas and animal areas with chickens and ducks. We also host a nursery for children aged from 3 months.
We hold the Arts Council Arts mark Award and East Sussex Quality Mark for Inclusion. Visit Robsack Wood Primary Academy website https://www.robsackwoodprimaryacademy.org.uk/
Similar jobs nearby
New Horizons School (Part of the Sabden Multi Academy Trust)
Beauchamp Road, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN38 9JU
Robsack Wood Primary Academy
Whatlington Way, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN38 9TE
Cuckmere House School
Eastbourne Road, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 4BA
St Mary's School and 6th Form College
Wrestwood Road, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, TN40 2LU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in East Sussex, Brighton and Hove