- NELT Grade 2, Points 4-6 Actual Salary £16277 - £16934 (£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata)
Teaching Assistant job summary
Required from February 2022
Term Time Permanent Contract
37 Hours per week
Salary NELT Grade 2, Points 4-6
Actual Salary £16277 - £16934
(£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata)
Teesdale School and Sixth Form is part of the North East Learning Trust and are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a close and talented team who together, ensure students receive excellence every day.
Teesdale School and Sixth Form was rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2019.
We have 700 children across Key Stages 3 and 4 and Post-16. Our small size means that you can really get to know your students; know who they are; their aspirations, ideas, talents and dreams, bringing out the best in them, helping to champion their ambitions and give them a great start in life.
Nestled in Barnard Castle in the spectacular Teesdale countryside and imprinted with the historic values of the Dales and our close-knit community, Teesdale School is a place where traditional values of kindness, respect and hard work take precedence. Within 30 minutes of both Darlington and Durham and just over an hour from York and Newcastle, our idyllic yet convenient location affords our staff an enviable quality of life.
We are committed to:
• A vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging students
• A positive and caring ethos
• An excellent learning environment and resources
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued
• A supportive and effective governing body
We can offer:
• National Terms and Conditions of Employment (NJC Green Book)
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme providing free confidential advice and counselling service 24/7 365 days per year
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a NVQ Level 3 in supporting Teaching and Learning or an equivalent qualification.
• GCSE English and Maths grades A- C or equivalent.
• Have experience of working in Key Stage 3 / 4 and working with children with a range of needs.
• Have excellent IT skills.
• Be proactive and self-motivated.
• Provide learning support under the supervision of a qualified teacher
• Provide up to date information on progress and attainment
• Provide pupil responses and learning achievements highlighting any specific difficulties or concerns
• Support pupils with social and emotional wellbeing
• Have a flexible approach to work.
Deadline: Tuesday 1st February 2022, 9am
Interviews: Monday 7th February 2022
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from the website.
Letters of application should be returned by email with application forms to email@example.com or by post to Tracy Tuck, PA to the Leadership Team, Teesdale School, Prospect Place, Barnard Castle, Co Durham DL12 8HH. Please do not submit a CV unless it is to compliment your application form.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.