- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, job share, term time
30.42 Hours per week (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 3.05pm)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until end of August 2021)
- £18,562 (Grade B) or £18,933 (Grade C) - depending on experience
We are seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work both in our Secondary Phase. The Westgate is Hampshire’s first 4-16 All Through School and the successful applicant will join an enthusiastic and committed team. A key part of the role will also be supporting children in productive and healthy use of playtimes.
The successful candidate will:
• Enjoy working with children, building positive relationships in a calm, empathetic way
• Have obtained Maths and English qualifications to GCSE Grade C or above, or their equivalent
• Be committed to the highest possible levels of achievement for every pupil
• Be cheerful, flexible and approachable, with a good sense of humour
• Show initiative within the role and have good time management skills
• Be a hard-working team player, able to work closely with teachers and other adults within the classroom to ensure the best for all our pupils
• Have the patience and the resourcefulness to support and inspire our children with their learning, helping to unlock their potential
• Have a good understanding of child development
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be able to support children’s behaviour for learning
• Be enthusiastic and committed to supporting children with specific needs
We can offer:
• The chance to be a part of a highly-skilled and friendly team and work in all key phases in the All Through School
• The chance to develop your own specialism within the Learning Support Team
• Opportunities to teach small groups of pupils
• Opportunities for training related to special educational needs, including Autism and ABA
• Where there are suitable courses, we are happy to support in Apprenticeship Training.
30.42 hrs per week, term time only; Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 3.05pm
Part time opportunities may also be available.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 16
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1623 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
About The Westgate School
The Westgate School is Hampshire's first 4-16 All Through school.
As a thriving and very successful learning community, The Westgate continues to build on its history of academic excellence and outstanding individual pupil progress. Along side this we develop confident, resourceful individuals high in self esteem. Exemplary pastoral care is something we pride ourselves on.
We are proud that The Westgate is a happy school where pupils and teachers enjoy learning together. A talented team of colleagues year on year provide all pupils with the best possible opportunities in a range of subject areas - both inside and outside of the classroom. Working in partnership with parents and the local community is important to us. Supporting our curriculum provision is a comprehensive extra curricular and enrichment programme; pupils are encouraged to attend a wide range of field trips, educational visits and after school clubs. We have a proud tradition in musical, sporting and performing arts enrichment which we celebrate in our school.