- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Part time
31.25 hours per week
- Contract type
- NJC Grade C: £18,933 - £19,698 FTE (This will be pro-rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
Are you interested in working in a “good,” thriving school? We are looking to recruit a dynamic teaching assistant to support pupils across the school, which could also include supporting children on a 1:1 basis and over lunch time.
Our dedicated team of staff and governors work together to create a school where there is a real sense of community and where teachers and learners can flourish. Our aims are straightforward. We strive to develop the intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of each child through high-quality teaching. Please come and visit us and see for yourself.
We can promise you a wonderful team of staff and highly supportive families. Our children are eager to learn and their behaviour is excellent. We have strong links through our multi-academy trust, Ventrus Ltd, and we enjoy being able to share expertise as well as offer school to school professional development.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has the ability to support maths and English
- Will be committed to support children to make good progress within their curriculum
- Would be able to enhance the pupils’ learning and life skills in a way highly individualised to their specific needs whilst helping them to feel happy, safe and secure
- Can work on educational programmes in school and deliver interventions
- Will be a guide, learning partner and facilitator, accompanying and participating in therapies
- Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and flexibility and be able to react to given solutions with integrity and compassion
- Will enjoy working as part of our dedicated team, liaising with colleagues, parents and carers
- Is kind, patient, enthusiastic and compassionate with a lively, fun outlook and a curious and creative mind
- Has great organisational and communication skills
- Has relevant TA or equivalent qualifications Candidates will be provided with training and be encouraged to avail themselves of opportunities for continued professional development that are provided for all staff.
We welcome applications from highly motivated individuals who will work effectively as part of our excellent team and contribute to wider school life, building positive relationships with all members of our community.
This is a permanent position working 31.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
To apply for this role please submit your application online; your supporting statement should identify your suitability for the post.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 30th November 2021, interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th December 2021.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 102 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Holywell Church of England School
Holywell Church of England Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Holywell C of E Primary School is a member of Ventrus Multi Academy Trust, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children’s outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities. Holywell C of E Primary School is a very special place to work, in a beautiful rural location, with easy access to Barnstaple (only 10 minutes away). Our popular school is surrounded by farmland and woodland.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.