- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
28.75 HOURS PER WEEK - 5.75 HOURS PER DAY
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
Two vacancies available, one permanent plus a temporary position to 31 August 2022.
We are looking to appoint a caring, well-qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and proactive person to join our team. The successful applicant must have high expectations for pupils’ educational, social and emotional development and be committed ‘to go that extra mile’ to support us to drive school improvements to benefit all our children. The specific key stage and year group to be determined on the skill set and experience of the successful candidate. The post will also include supporting our EHCP children. However this may change annually and within the year if necessary. Our SLT and SENDCO will monitor and assess the needs of individual children and class dynamics to best place the skill set of all our staff.
• Knowledge and experience of working and supporting children in a primary classroom
• Excellent skills and experience of teaching phonics (Letters and Sounds), early reading and early writing
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Excellent classroom practice with the ability to enthuse and motivate groups of children to ensure progress
• Excellent IT skills
• Assist in the development of individual and group plans and resources including SEND
• A commitment to a high quality learning experience for all
• A genuine desire to improve the life-chances of all children
• The ability to work as part of a highly effective and inspirational team
• Level 2 NVQ qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent
• Previous experience in supporting Teaching and Learning in KS1 or KS2 classes is essential
In return we offer the opportunity to help shape and influence our planning for the continued and future successes of the school.
Relevant training will be provided for the successful candidate as necessary. A willingness to engage and participate with other relevant training and research is essential.
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 206 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
About Whiston Junior and Infant School
Whiston Junior and Infant school is part of White Woods Primary Academy Trust. We are a one form entry school, in the heart of Whiston in Rotherham. We have a hard-working, creative and curious staff, which is committed to providing a 21st century education for all our pupils, and as such we support opportunities for their professional growth.
Arranging a visit to Whiston Junior and Infant School
PLEASE CALL SCHOOL ON 01709 828189 IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ARRANGE A VISIT.