Wilton CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a classroom Teaching Assistant to start in April 2024
We are looking to appoint a highly committed classroom Teaching Assistant to work with groups and individuals for up to 30 hours a week from across the school. This may also include working with children from our incredible resource base. The ideal candidate will be flexible and positive at all times and someone who is able to provide a stable, caring and supportive learning environment; to enable pupils to achieve their full learning potential. Applicants should be educated to at least GCSE level in English and Maths and to be able to communicate highly effectively in English, both written and oral. Previous experience of working within a school would be an advantage but is not essential.
The position involves supporting:
- children’s development of language skills
- children’s behavioural, social and emotional development
- supporting the class teacher/s and the school in achieving its vision
- development, monitoring and evaluation of programmes of work/learning activities
- the children’s development of play and social skills during break
- children at lunch by providing supervision and play opportunities.
We are looking for someone who:
- has an empathetic nature to approach the role in a caring manner
- is inspirational and passionate about making learning fun indoors and outdoors
- strong behaviour management techniques
- experience of working 1:1 and in small groups
- is self-motivated, reliable and has a good sense of humour
- can make a contribution to the wider school community
In return we can offer:
- Supportive colleagues, parents and governors
- A friendly working environment
- A team where everyone is valued
- Professional development opportunities
- A trust which provides training and progression for teaching assistants
- Happy, friendly and enthusiastic learners
Visits to the school are welcome so that you can see for yourself the amazing children that we have and the supportive learning environment that we foster.
Wilton CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This job post has expired.