Waterton Academy Trust is looking to appoint two
caring, hardworking and ambitious teaching assistants to join the teaching and
learning team at Wrenthorpe Academy from Easter 2023. These newly created roles
will provide individualised and small group support for pupils with a range of
special educational needs which could include social and communication needs,
autism, ADHD , cognition and learning, SEMH, and/or physical needs. You will provide learning support and
pastoral intervention to enable our pupils to thrive and meet their targets in
the inclusive mainstream classroom. You will be working alongside the class
teacher, SENCO and outside agencies and will be a very important part of the
holistic and effective team around the child.
The successful candidates
- Have a passion for child development and truly want to make a difference
- Have a proven track record of working with young children with special
educational needs to meet their targets
- Have experience of working with young children in an inclusive context
- Have good language and communication skills so as to be able to support
children to develop social communication and language skills
- Be flexible and able to work as part of the team around a child
- Be organised and able to support a child through a personalised
- Be able to de-escalate possible conflict
- Be empathetic in approach
- Inspire and motivate children to be their best and do their best.
- Be willing to undertake professional development and training
- Be willing to roll their sleeves up and work hard
Wrenthorpe Academy is a popular and successful 1.5 form entry
primary school serving the community of Wrenthorpe. The school was inspected by
Ofsted in March 2020. Inspectors praised the school’s culture for learning and
ambitious drive for high standards across the curriculum. ‘The pupils at
Wrenthorpe Academy are proud of their school. They describe how the school
allows them to embrace individuality and value differences. Teachers are
ambitious for their pupils and the school does a great deal to develop pupils’
character and prepare them for later life.’ Ofsted March 2020.
Waterton Academy Trust is a forward-thinking group of 13 partner
schools serving Wakefield and Barnsley. The trust’s primary goal is to ensure
all pupils receive an excellent standard of education. Wrenthorpe Academy
joined the trust as an academy convertor in 2017 and staff, governors, pupils
and families are very proud to be part of this collaborative group.
return we can offer:
- The support and expertise of an experienced Senior
Leadership Team and SENCO, active Governing Body, skilled Waterton School
Improvement Professionals and wider network of professional colleagues across
the family of schools.
- A firm commitment to your continuing professional
- A positive school community wholeheartedly dedicated
to the pupils and community they serve.
- A professional, hardworking and motivated team of
teachers and support staff committed to developing and raising standards.
- Motivated and engaged pupils who are keen to learn
- An opportunity to complete a nationally recognised
- A health and well-being package
- A cycle to work scheme
- An excellent pension package
This job post has expired.