Graham School, Scarborough
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£10,213 to £10,625|
With a healthy intake in Year 7 and as a result of one of our team securing an internal promotion we are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants to join our team.
You will play a key role in helping to support pupils both on a one to basis, and in small groups.
We encourage interest and applications from candidates who are interested in and would thrive in working in secondary education which offers reward, challenge and where no two days are the same.
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Work well as part of a team
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
• Experience appropriate to working with children in a learning environment
Essential skills and experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate effectively and clearly and build relationships with a range of staff, children, young people, their families and carers
• Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join the Learning Support department at Graham School.
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues with the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
|School size||982 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Graham School website (opens in a new window)|
About Graham School
Woodlands Drive, Scarborough, YO12 6QW