With a healthy intake in Year 7 and as a result of one of our team securing an internal promotion we are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants to join our team.
You will play a key role in helping to support pupils both on a one to basis, and in small groups.
We encourage interest and applications from candidates who are interested in and would thrive in working in secondary education which offers reward, challenge and where no two days are the same.
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Work well as part of a team
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
• Experience appropriate to working with children in a learning environment
Essential skills and experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate effectively and clearly and build relationships with a range of staff, children, young people, their families and carers
• Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join the Learning Support department at Graham School.
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues with the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
About Graham School
Graham School is an 11-16 community situated in in Scarborough, which has just under 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas. Our staff are our greatest resource and we are proud to be a host school to Teach First and NPQ providers. Staff who have relocated or who have entered teaching through all routes have stayed with us whilst our support staff have successfully applied for internal promotions and careers in teaching – and for us that is a sign of a school on the up! On the 1 March 2019 we officially joined the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner George Pindar School. This is a positive step in our school improvement journey which sees us working collaboratively sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students. We follow good educational practice and tested school improvement strategies which will over the next three years see Graham School begin to take its rightful place as a leading school in the area.
- Woodlands Drive, Scarborough, YO12 6QW