Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Hayband A, 35 Hours £30,602 (none QTS holders) M1-6 £25,714 – £36,961 (QTS holders only)
Are you someone who could help grow our worshipping community? Maybe you’re a priest looking for something new - or perhaps you’re a teacher with experience of lay ministry?
If so, read on…
We’re looking for a vibrant Chaplain who can bring faith alive at St Mary’s! Our community needs someone who is excited by the prospect of working with our children, staff and families to nurture and strengthen our Christian character. This is an exciting and varied role - you would need to feel confident to:
• lead liturgies/collective worship
• develop and teach our RE curriculum
• play a visible, central role in the pastoral system
• introduce and grow a ‘Messy Church’
This role demands your whole heart and an unwavering commitment to our community. St Mary’s isn’t just a school; we are a brave and forward-thinking family where children come first. Staff here know that their work can change lives and because of this, we have the highest expectations of ourselves and others. If this sounds like your next step, you will need to be someone who:
• is a champion and model for Christian values;
• can put children at the heart of all their work;
• is vibrant, energetic and ready to work at pace in a complex landscape;
• is insightful and empathic, and uses this to guide the support they offer to others;
• has high levels of integrity, resilience and emotional stability;
• is driven to provide the best possible educational and spiritual provision;
• has a courageous and altruistic approach to their work;
• has the ability to challenge, inspire and encourage others to fulfil their spiritual lives;
• has a secure understanding of the needs of primary–aged children;
• has experience of growing a worshipping community;
• brings exceptionally high expectations to all that they do.
Applying for the job
Application forms and further details are available via email email@example.com or from our website: www.stmarymagdaleneprimary.co.uk. All applicants should include supporting information which explicitly addresses the questions below, relating to the person specification:
• Why St Mary’s, why now?
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
• How did you come into your faith?
• What would a colleague identify as your greatest strength…and your biggest weakness?
• When was your integrity last tested?
• Who don’t you admire – why not?
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
207 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About St Mary Magdalene CofE Primary School
If this is for you, be reassured that you will not be alone in this journey. St Mary’s is a proud partner academy of SNMAT. Being part of this Trust is unlike working for others because they share our drive to provide the very best quality of education for our children. We are not bound by corporate colours or policies, meaning that your input could truly make a difference to our provision. Critically, we are ego-free and work together to place the best interests of pupils at the centre of every decision and action.
If you’re interested in working with us, then please call the school for an informal discussion with our Headteacher in the first instance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and would expect anyone joining our school to share the same ethos. All candidates are subject to safer recruitment procedures. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.