- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Part time
15 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term-time only. No INSET days.
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Working 1:1 with named pupil)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Wiltshire Grade D
- Actual salary
- £6,399 - £6,657 p.a.
We have an employment opportunity for a warm, creative and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work as a Named Pupil Assistant in lower Key Stage 2. Kiwi School is situated on the edge of the beautiful Salisbury Plain, near Bulford and Amesbury and is wonderfully unique in its characteristics. We are proud of the following:
• We have been a consistently ‘Good’ school for many years (Ofsted rated)
• We have a supportive and nurturing staff where you will experience excellent professional collaboration and teamwork
• We are a growing and thriving school (now 2 form entry) plus our own maintained nursery (from age 3), so many of our children are ‘home grown’
• We are part of the Salisbury Plain Super Garrison and at the very heart of our military community, with most of our children coming from Service Families. We are really well supported by the Armed Forces, which gives the children exciting opportunitites
• We are a Local Authority school and we cherish the spontaneity in every respect, that this allows us – we can readily respond to the needs of our children and our community, supporting them in a timely way, bespoking the curriculum and the learning
• We have designed a Creative Curriculum, which allows us to deliver high quality learning through exciting ‘wow’ experiences for the children
• We are a THRIVE School, where we really value the need to support and promote children’s well-being and emotional growth through a comprehensive range of strategies and resources
• We have a wonderfully diverse community of which we are very proud, with children (and staff) whose roots are from all over the Commonwealth, offering a uniqiue teaching experience in this Wiltshire School
This Named Pupil position is to work with a child in lower Key Stage 2 who is diagnosed with ASD and requires support with sensory difficulties. This role is most suitable for a teaching assistant with experience of working with children with special/additional needs. However we will consider applications from candidates who have other relevant experience and provide relevant training.
If Kiwi sounds like the kind of school you would like to be a part of and you are available to join our staff team in the next few weeks, we would love to hear from you!
This job post has expired.