Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
£25,714 - £41,604 FTE (this will be paid pro-rata according to hours and weeks worked)
Woodwater Academy is seeking to appoint a teacher to work in Year 2 initially, to cover a period of maternity leave within our KS1 team. This is an exciting opportunity for energetic, committed and creative teacher to join our strong and experienced teaching team. Successful candidates will:
- Be able to create a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are inspired.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high quality teaching and learning and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the key stage one curriculum.
- Stand out from the crowd because of their positive attitude, energy and drive.
- Be an inclusive practitioner, with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners and have a willingness to go the extra mile to make learning rigorous but fun.
- Be a reflective practitioner who has a commitment to working with colleagues to improve practice and outcomes for our children and demonstrate a willingness to join in with the life of the school and its community.
- Be a good communicator, build effective relationships with our children and their families;
- Have excellent classroom management skills.
- Have a strong personal philosophy for learning that is evident within their own classroom practice.
In return, we can offer:
- A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage.
- Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning and who want to learn.
- A friendly and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well.
Applying for the job
Applications and references should be made online and should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills. This is a full-time, fixed-term position working 1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per year as of February 2021. This post will commence after February half term 2021 (22/02/21).More on how to apply
326 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Woodwater Academy
Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of 15 Devon schools who actively work together on improving pupils’ outcomes collaboratively and actively supporting its staff. Woodwater Academy is a popular and successful school, where its team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for their children.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
Arranging a visit to Woodwater Academy
Interested candidates are invited to make an appointment to visit the school and can contact the office to arrange an appointment. Applications from experienced and newly qualified candidates are welcomed.
Woodwater Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5AW