2 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
7 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - up to 0.6FTE (19.5 hours per week) This can be worked across 3 or 4 days.
- MPR - UPR
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Teach key stage three Design and Technology, with a preferred specialism of Food and/or Textiles, however other specialist areas would be considered.
- The ability to teach Design and Technology or Food preparation at GCSE would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will be passionate about your subject and its value in the curriculum. We are looking for a reflective practitioner, capable of demonstrating initiative, as well as being flexible and adaptable. You will ensure equality of opportunity, irrespective of starting points, to enable all learners to make good progress.
You will be ICT proficient and have excellent communication skills. You will also be personable and approachable and be able to quickly build effective relationships with students, and colleagues in the School and across the Trust. Importantly, you will be a positive role model for our students.
What the school offers its staff
- Commitment to CPD and development of all staff including collaborative support and instructional coaching to allow teachers to thrive
- A clear curriculum vision and focus on evidence-based practice
- A commitment to inclusivity and fostering of diversity
- Values and vision that are lived not laminated
- An open and honest culture
- A commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff
Further details about the role
We have a vacancy for a Technology Teacher to join us on a part time basis from September 2023, MPS - UPS. We are offering up to 0.6 FTE, over 3 to 4 days, with the exact details to be discussed at interview. We would welcome applications from ECTs as well as teachers with more experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a committed, and enthusiastic team, working in a well resourced department in an exceptional school.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Downend School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1338 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Downend School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Downend School is an exciting and vibrant learning community where every student is supported to achieve their absolute best and every member of teaching and support staff play their part in creating this ethos. We are proud of the exciting curriculum, outstanding pastoral care and excellent opportunities for enrichment that Downend School provides. Downend School is situated in leafy South Gloucestershire, but is less than 25 minutes away from the heart of the cosmopolitan vibrancy of Bristol City Centre. We offer the benefits not only of working in an exciting and supportive school, but also from being part of Castle School Education Trust.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Design and Technology
Hardenhuish Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6HJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol