Temporary KS1 Teacher Maternity Cover
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class/es ensuring equality of opportunity for all
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the latest School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
You will be based at St Mary's, however, you may be required to work at another school withing the federation and will be required to attend staff meetings and training at other schools within the group.
The full job description is available on our school website along with further information about the school.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential educational requirements
Enhanced DBS Certificate
Statutory requirements of the National Curriculum.
Essential skills and experience
Principles and practices of high quality teaching and learning.
Principles and practices of the effective monitoring assessment, and evaluation of pupil achievements.
Setting high expectations for children and self.
Principles of safeguarding
Good team working skills and abilities.
High levels of adaptability
About St Mary's Church of England Primary School
St. Mary’s is a church school with strong links between the school, community and local church groups. The school works collaboratively with the United Schools Federation taking advantage of joint training and planning where appropriate and knowledgeable senior staff members are always on hand for advice and support. The federation currently supports other schools within the area and has a recognised wealth of experience and knowledge ready to share with new and enthusiastic colleagues. St. Mary’s is an ‘outstanding’ school in a caring, stable and nurturing environment where children are keen to attend and we work hard to ensure that they are happy and make the best possible progress.
- Elliott's Hill, Plymouth, Devon, PL8 2AG
- LA Maintained School
- St Mary's Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)