Temporary Teacher of English
Wood Green is an over subscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, demonstrated in our Behaviour Policy built on restorative principles and everything is underpinned by our LearnWELL values.
The right candidate
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of English to join our successful, forward looking department. This is a temporary full or part time post from April 2020.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for English
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the English Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• An English Department that achieves good outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy English
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you would like to learn more about the post, please contact Faith Green, HR Officer at email@example.com who will arrange for you to speak with a member of the English department.
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours degree, QTS or PGCE
Good honours degree, QTS or PGCE
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach English at K3,4 and 5
About Wood Green School
Wood Green is an over subscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year on year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
- Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX
- Wood Green School website (opens in a new window)