Temporary Teacher of Food Technology 0.6
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
15 March 2023
- Key stage 4
- View all Food Technologyjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 22.5 hours per week
- Maternity or parental leave cover - July 2024
- M1 - UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you an enthusiastic and inspirational FoodTechnology teacher? If so, then this is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher of FoodTechnology to join our team. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. The post is suitable for experienced colleagues and those new to the profession.
Our vision is to put students first in order to raise standards and transform lives. To make this happen, we innovate constantly, including a curriculum that is designed to enable personalised learning in depth and with breadth. We ensure that additional teaching time and resources are provided to support students to leave with a solid foundation of good and better grades.
OGAT are proud to be a part of the National Institute of Teaching (NIoT) hosting its North and East campus as Outwood Academy Redcar and Outwood Academy Adwick. The NIoT identifies best practice in education, in order to develop cutting-edge, evidence-based teacher training and professional development programmes. OGAT colleagues will benefit from the work of the institute, which draws on the expertise of some of the most outstanding school leaders in education today. For our ECT colleagues a full and detailed programme of support and development, including science subject specialism support will be provided.
Positions within this school are eligible for government assistance through Early-career payments for teachers.
If you would like a conversation about the position please contact Kelly Smith via firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist.
What the school offers its staff
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS - WHAT DO WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER?
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy, along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
About Outwood Academy Acklam
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1179 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Outwood Academy Acklam website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01642 818200
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Acklam
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Dairy Lane, Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear, DH4 5BH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Middlesbrough