Temporary Teacher of PE
TEMPORARY TEACHER OF PE
Required: January 2020 (for Spring and Summer term 2020)
The Grange School is seeking a teacher of exceptionally high calibre to join us as we continue an incredibly exciting journey. This position would not suit everyone and requires a dedicated and energetic individual who is passionate about improving life chances for young people. Since January 2018 the school has undergone a dramatic transformation in its leadership and practices to ensure that all students can achieve their potential. The school is currently celebrating record GCSE results that are likely to see The Grange School being recognised as one of the most improved schools, not just in the area, but anywhere across the south coast.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
• Teach PE within a well-resourced and high performing department
• Further improve the already excellent outcomes for students in PE
• Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
• Provide our students with exceptional extra-curricular opportunities
You are likely to be someone who:
• Is an exceptional PE teacher
• Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
• Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
• Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
• Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
The Grange School can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
• The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
• High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
• The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
• The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the GOV.uk website or by visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: Monday 9th December 2019 at 12 noon
Interview Date: TBC
The Grange School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
A degree or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of successfully teaching GCSE PE or the proven ability to do so.
A commitment to and evidence of professional development.
Experience of improving the outcomes of groups of students.
Experience of leading successful extra-curricular trips and visits.
A record of excellent practice both in the classroom and on the sports field.
The ability to teach PE at KS3 and KS4
An understanding of effective pedagogy
A record of being able to work collaboratively as part of an effective team.
Ability to plan strategically
Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders
Ability to demonstrate good organisational skills
Exceptional oral and written skills
About The Grange School
- Redvers Road, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 3AU
- The Grange School website (opens in a new window)