TEMPORARY TEACHER OF RE (2 terms)
We are looking for a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Religious Education to join our Humanities faculty. The post could suit an NQT as well as a more experienced candidate.
This is an exciting time for our new school as we develop a culture of high expectations focussed on delivering outstanding achievement for all of our students. 2019 has already delivered the best ever GCSE results for the school and, as a consequence, the academy will soon be over-subscribed.
The Park Vale Academy is part of the Redhill Academy Trust. The academy is also a member of Redhill Teaching School Alliance and as such there are excellent CPD opportunities and the chance to work alongside other high performing schools in the region. The Park Vale Academy became an academy, sponsored by The Redhill Academy Trust, on 1 September 2016.
For a discussion about the role, please contact Mrs Pearson, Senior Deputy Head, on the academy telephone number.
An application form can be downloaded from our academy’s website or by contacting Miss L Hobbs at email@example.com
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Monday 2 December 2019
Interview date: TBC
Essential educational requirements
QTS - Qualified Teacher Status
Degree level qualification (subject specific)
Essential skills and experience
• Able to teach full range of ability 11-16
• Able to create an excellent climate for learning within teaching area
• Able to use a range of strategies to promote learning
• Able to manage and encourage good behaviour
• Able to develop positive and meaningful relationships with students
• Able to make appropriate use of ICT for learning
• Understanding of how to use data to inform planning and improve students’ performance
• Understanding of a range of assessment for learning approaches, including grades where appropriate
• Able to communicate with students, parents and carers about pupil’s progress
About Park Vale Academy
- Top Valley Drive, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 9AZ
- Park Vale Academy website (opens in a new window)