The First Federation Trust are looking for an experienced and motivated Educational Psychologist to contribute to our new inclusion team. We welcome applications from candidates who are excited by working across a primary school Trust.
The post will work as part of our Inclusion team to support children and young people, educational settings and families across the Trust. We are committed to early intervention and preventative working, including a focus on training and project work. We are excited to offer a dedicated psychological consultation service for schools and settings. Our aim is to ensure that psychology is accessible for schools and settings, families, and children and young people across the Trust.
The key responsibility of the post is to provide a professional Educational Psychology (EP) service to First Federation’s children, families and schools, as part of a small team of EP professionals.
First Federation is committed to ensuring we provide the best education for our pupils, within the heart of their community. We want everyone who is connected to our Trust to be able to aspire, flourish and achieve. We are seeking candidates for this role from people who share our values. We are looking for a team member who will work with teams across the Trust to achieve educational excellence and financial strength.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Educational Psychologist (BPS) currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a practitioner psychologist.
You will have experience in :
- providing emotional and therapeutic support to students in schools.
- managing change within short time scales.
- using a range of assessment techniques with children and young people
- delivering workshops or training to share learning and improve understanding of other professionals, on a one to one and group situation.
You will have the ability to:
- use your own initiative and pay close attention to detail; capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- to champion and drive forward across FFT an improved understanding and appreciation of barriers to children’s learning and a hunger to improve learning outcomes for children.
- to work in an organised and efficient manner within an overall service format and to develop positive, productive relationships with colleagues within the Trust.
You will possess:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and influence others through both verbal and written media and demonstrates the ability to build effective partnerships.
- Diplomacy with the ability to challenge where required.
- Ability to easily commute to all schools in the Trust.
- Commitment to demonstrating a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset and as well as offering a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- tailored professional and career development pathways, coaching and mentoring.
- fast-track process to explore new opportunities across the trust family of 21 primary schools.
- the opportunity to work within a progressive and forward-thinking multi-academy trust.
- access to a free and confidential employee health and wellbeing programme, providing physical and mental health support in areas such as physiotherapy, counselling, menopause, etc.
- a local government pension scheme.
- a tax-free cycle-to-work scheme.
For further details of the responsibilities and requirements of the role, please see the full job description.
The First Federation Trust is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button above and complete your application by 12.00pm on Monday 15th January 2024. Interviews will be held in January 2024 and will be notified soon after the application date closes.
This job post has expired.