You will be based at TKAT’s Corporate Centre in Sidcup, but will need to travel between 46 sites. Therefore, a clean driving licence and their own car will be essential to this role. As part of the role, you will develop over time a small team of data engineers to manage and quality assure data flows and the compilation of data reports. You will also link with other sections of the team and work closely with the IT Security and Compliance Lead and school/regional based GDPR leads. This role is an exciting position for you to take a strategic and transformational lead on developing the work that has been started over the past few years; building something that has lasting impact across the trust. The person appointed will be provided with the required support and development to thrive in the role. Allowing them to bring their innovation and experience to become a valued member of our dynamic team and be part of the exciting journey that we are on. Each application will be reviewed as it is received and a member of our team will be in contact with you. Interviews will be on a date to be confirmed.
TKAT is a multi-academy trust of 45 primary, secondary and special schools in the South East of England. TKAT’s purpose is to work together as a community of schools to ensure that every child, whatever their background, receives a high quality education. Working in line with our core values and vision, we are looking to recruit for an exciting new position as TKAT Data Lead. This role will directly report to the Director of IT & Data and will be an integral member of our IT & Data Leadership team, working alongside a team of innovative leaders with shared values.
For this role, you will have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial knowledge of data protection risks
- Experience of leading and line managing teams
- Experience of working with data management and analysis solutions
- Experience of leading and planning large scale projects from initial design and specification through to ongoing support
- Experience of managing contracts and holding suppliers to account for quality assurance
- Secure knowledge of Google Workspace
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent leadership skills
Working for TKAT: In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications. If you have not had any communication within 10 days of the closing date please take this as confirmation that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse:
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
Access to interview - should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist we will.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
This job post has expired.