Join our Teacher Training Programme to become a much-needed teacher and pass on your passion for learning. We have positions available in Maths, English, Science, MFL, Geography and Computing
Classroom-based Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme based in one of our 57 schools. AET is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts nationwide and we are partnered with Ark Teacher Training to deliver our programme.
You'll gain a PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate of Education) and your Qualified Teacher Status whilst working hands-on in the classroom as a trainee Teacher. Immediately having impact, your tutor and coach will support you to build up your independent teaching time during the year.
The Programme Includes
- School Orientation Experience - a 5-day introductory placement before Summer term ends where you get to know the school, pupils, colleagues, the community and where you’ll be working so you can hit the ground running in September.
- Summer School: Highly-rated by our trainees as the perfect start to their training and a great way to prepare for their first few weeks in school, our Summer School brings trainees together for two weeks in August (5th - 16th) to learn about the programme, educational theory, and practice.
- Weekly Coaching and Planning Sessions: Your in-school coach will observe your progress every week, supporting you by providing constructive feedback and helping you set achievable improvement goals.
- An allocated mentor, a trained lead planner who will help you create effective lessons, developing your planning skills and giving you the opportunity to ask detailed subject - knowledge questions.
- Weekly Training Sessions: Participate in-person/ virtual training sessions with your tutors and peers. These sessions provide valuable learning experiences and encourage a collaborative environment for professional growth.
The training programme itself is school-based and you will spend half a day every week in a session with your Ark tutor and other trainees from the network.
We will support you to become brilliant educators and in time, leaders within our network - we offer unrivalled career opportunities for professional growth. We're looking for talented people who will have successful careers within the Trust.
Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship £20,598* + £9,250 tuition fees paid by AET
*£24,415 (in London)
Tuition Fee Route - Up to £30,000 per annum Bursary/Scholarship**
**Degree dependent: 1st or 2:1 = Scholarship of £30,000, 2:1 or 2:2 = Bursary of £28,000 (Scholarships and Bursaries are Tax-Free)
N.B - We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Candidates must have Right to Work in the UK (full-time) from July 2024 until September 2025.
- To be eligible for Teacher Training you must hold a Bachelor's (Hons) Degree at minimum 2.2 classification and GCSE Maths & English at grade C/4. Overseas equivalent qualification's accepted - UK ENIC process for comparability.
Trust-wide Safeguarding Policies and Guidance
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.