Trust Business Manager
Band H £36,371 (starting at) Full Time Equivalent
Full time (37 hours per week), 52weeks per year
Part time (reduced hours or weeks) applications considered
INSPIRING FUTURES THROUUGH LEARNINGhas undergone a period of expansion and now with fifteen schools across Milton Keynes and Northamptonshire, we are looking to expand our central team to support the financial and business management of the trust.
We havetwopositions to appoint to, forexperienced and versatile Trust School Business Managersto support the Chief Finance Officer and Financial Controller to assist our schools and ensure the efficient operation of finances is maintained within the central team. The successful applicants will be based at a school in Corby or Milton Keynes respectively. Each successful candidate will be based in their own region but may on occasional require travel across regions. The exact job role will vary from time to time due to the differing needs or the trust and the skill set or the successful candidate.
FTL is a Multi Academy Trust that has a central team that works closely with its constituent schools. Our model is to ensure each school has its own School Business Manager (or equivalent) and the post holder will work closely with these teams and the Headteacher's to ensure compliance with our statutory responsibilities.
- Leadership - Provide strong and innovative leadership in all aspects of the role including strategic direction, change management and financial operational effectiveness.
- Support Services - Lead, develop and coordinate support services for finance teams within our schools.
- Procurement - always ensure compliance with all internal policies and external limitations, at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- have a recognisable qualification in school business management or accountancy
- have considerable experience in working in a school or business environment at a senior level
- have the leadership skills and personality to be able to support Headteachers, lead school teams and build successful working relationships
- have the desire to help build successful schools and demonstrate a commitment to ensuring that our school communities are effective, efficient and sustainable
- be able to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
With schools across Corby and Milton Keynes, some travel between locations is expected however, the Corby role will be primarily based atExeter School, Brayford Avenue, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 8DL and the Milton Keynes role will be primarly based at Fairfields Primary School, Apollo Avenue, Milton Keynes, MK11 4BA .
As part of the Inspiring Futures through Learning Multi Academy Trust, successful candidates will have full access to our staff benefits package, including a bespoke CPD package through ITT, enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave, Employee Assistance Programme and LGPS Pension. In addition, access to an Employee Benefits Scheme including discount on gym memberships, cinema tickets, retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and much more.
To apply, please visit the Trust recruitment page and complete the online application on MyNewTerm
We would welcome you to have a conversation about this role with our Financial Controller, Emma Matthews or Chief Financial Officer, Robert Tite. Please firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2022
Inspiring Futures through Learning is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All vacancies are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Click on the advert and you should be able to complete an application form on MyNewTerm.