- Range: £30,034 - £32,112 dependant on experience
Trust Family Support Worker job summary
* Are you hard working, approachable and looking for a challenge?
* Do you have a passion for working with families who need support in overcoming barriers?
* Can you provide focused family support to children and families which: improves parenting capacity, adult capacity for education and employment and the attendance of children?
* Are you genuinely committed to enabling all families to achieve their full potential?
If so, we are looking to appoint two outstanding Family Support Worker to join our highly effective Inclusion school Improvement team, who work to make a significant contribution to raising standards across and beyond our Trust, enabling all children and families to achieve their full potential despite the barriers they may face.
The purpose of the Family Support Worker is to work alongside the SLT, teachers and support staff teams in each of the academies, and to schools who buy in time, to support families. The underpinning value of the work is to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential through the provision of targeted support, signposting to services and intervention. Under the direction of the Inclusion Director the Family Support Worker will contribute to all aspects of pupils’ well-being and achievement, ensuring attendance is of a high priority.
This will involve a primary focus on ensuring that every child achieves their learning potential and that they feel safe and supported in school.
We are looking for someone who is:
• warm and approachable
• enthusiastic and proactive with drive and ambition
• hard-working and can demonstrate an ability to use their own initiative
• has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• has a passion for working with children and their families: enabling and empowering them to
be ‘strong and independent’
• has a range of strategies for managing and improving behaviour, welfare and mental health
• can promote parents’ and families’ appreciation of the importance of education and learning
• will work to encourage good relationships and positive dialogue between parents and school to develop mutual respect, understanding and confidence
• has the ability and commitment to work in partnership with staff, children, families and a range of agencies
LEO Academy Trust champions continuous professional development and delivers a programme of in house CPD. We also work with a range of partners to offer accessible training for all staff including e-learning, a CPD app and face to face workshops.
We believe in the importance of succession planning, and that we are well placed to support you in your next challenge. We offer opportunities to work across different academies within the Trust, and a commitment to promotion opportunities, encouraging ‘home grown’ talent.
Applying for the job
Please visit our website:
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
https://www.leoacademytrust.co.uk/2107/family-support-worker for further details on how to apply.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cheam Park Farm Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 894 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Cheam Park Farm Primary Academy is one of 7 schools that make up LEO Academy Trust. Located in Cheam, Cheam Park Farm is a four form primary with morning and afternoon nursery. Cheam Park Farm was inspected by Ofsted in June 2019 and was found to be outstanding in all categories. The inspectors found that "Teaching is outstanding and provides a careful balance of work, which not only interests the pupils but also makes them want to try hard to succeed. Teachers are proud to be involved in the development of the school and appreciate the investment in their training that leaders make, as well as that of the LEO Academy Trust."
Arranging a visit to Cheam Park Farm Primary Academy
Please note this role will work across all sites in the Trust.