Trust Teacher of Social Sciences (HAT)
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
23 March 2023
- Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Social sciencesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Please note that flexibility regarding working hours will be considered, from 0.60 FTE to full-time.
- View all Part timejobs - Please note that flexibility regarding working hours will be considered, from 0.60 FTE to full-time.
- MPS / UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Have the ability to teach Psychology and Sociology to A level and be able to communicate your enthusiasm for both subjects to students of all abilities.
- Have the ability to teach GCSE Sociology (AQA).
- Be familiar with the AQA specification requirements for A level in both Psychology and Sociology.
- Have the ability to possibly teach Criminology to sixth form students, WJEC board.
- Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring students.
- Be a strong supporter of the school’s ethos and vision.
- Have excellent teaching skills and good classroom management.
- Have the flexibility to deliver some aspects of Health & Social Care, if the timetable requires it.
What the school offers its staff
- We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust, we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly.
- Our active Staff Wellbeing Groups create an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
- Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way.
- Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
Further details about the role
The Social Sciences department at both Hampton College and Hampton Gardens are enthusiastic, creative and friendly departments. We strongly believe in the full engagement of all students to achieve their potential through a range of exciting and innovative teaching and learning strategies. The Social Sciences department prides itself on a cross-curricular, collaborative approach, and places great emphasis on constructive self-evaluation.
The subjects included in the department are Psychology, Sociology, and Criminology. At KS4, Sociology is offered following AQA. At KS5, Criminology is offered as an Applied Diploma equivalent to A’ level. Additionally, we follow AQA at A’ level for Sociology and Psychology.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hampton Gardens Secondary School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1069 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Hampton Gardens is an 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full, the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form. Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College all-through school, Hampton Lakes Primary School and Dogsthorpe Infant School. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Arranging a visit to Hampton Gardens Secondary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Pstchology/Sociology
Bishop Stopford School
Headlands, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 6BJ
Greening Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14 6BB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough