Teaching and learning
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- To be familiar with Guidance for Tutors and any other supporting information.
- Meet with the class teacher before tutoring, to identify areas for development and support, and plan the pupil’s personalised learning programme and agree outcomes using an Individual Tutoring Plan (ITP)
- Meet with class teacher, pupil and parents to establish a relationship and understanding of learning needs before tutoring begins and agree time and location of tutoring
- Know how to identify and support learners affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances.
- Have a good understanding of factors influencing student learning, including ethnicity, gender, abilities and attainment and how these relate to personalised provision for students.
- To be aware of Child Protection issues, knowing how to identify potential abuse/neglect and reporting concerns as they arise.
- To treat all students equally regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender but to be mindful of the different needs, values and beliefs of different groups.
Subject knowledge and understanding
- Take responsibility for your own professional development by reviewing your own performance, acting upon advice/feedback and keeping abreast of current developments in good practice
- Know the statutory framework for professional duties of teachers, an awareness of the policies and practices of the Academy and share in the collective responsibility for their implementation.
20 hours per week, term time only -
as this is a funded role, there is a possibility it may be extended into 2023/2024.
Fixed Term until July 2023
£19.31 per hour
This job post has expired.