Two KS2 and Year 2 Teachers Required
From September, we require two creative, enthusiastic and highly skilled class teachers to join our team. We are looking for a Key Stage 2 teacher and a Year 2 class teacher who can be rigorous at teaching and assessing; two people who:
• are caring, patient and enthusiastic, with good communication skills and high expectations
• are able to plan for and deliver excellent learning for all pupils
• are able to create an inspiring learning environment
• are highly motivated and keen to participate in and contribute to our wider school life.
We can offer:
• a dedicated and supportive leadership team
• a friendly, supportive teaching and TA team
• a school that values art, drama, dance, inter-school sports and music
• a school which is a strategic partner for CASSA (Cambridgeshire and Suffolk Schools Alliance). We take a lead in providing outstanding professional development and growth and research opportunities for both NQTs and experienced teachers.
Ofsted judged us to be ‘Good’ stating that our school had a ‘strong safeguarding culture, pupils feel safe in the school and know that they can talk to staff about the things that worry them.’
If you think this post could be for you, then please contact Mrs Anne Bishop, our School Secretary, at the above address for further details and an application form.
We actively promote equality of opportunity in employment to reflect the communities we serve. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will be offered an interview. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Giving false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected and referred to the police. Any appointment made will be subject to a DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance. We will use applicant data for recruitment purposes only. Any data supplied by candidates will be stored according to data protection laws and we will not share it with anyone else. Data will be retained until we successfully appoint. We will then delete the data of unsuccessful candidates, or – seek permission to keep it on our database for future roles. BCPS is GDPR compliant and our privacy notice is available to be viewed on the school website.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Enthusiasm and motivation(E)
• Uncompromising regarding academic non-negotiables for Key stage 1 pupils (E)
• Able to make a contribution to extra-curricular provision (E)
• Able to contribute to leading a subject area (if UPS) e.g. ICT (P)
• Able to work collaboratively within a team (E)
• Professionalism (E)
• Commitment (E)
• Ability to act as a positive, inspirational role model to children (E)
• Aspirational attitudes (E)
• A commitment to the Equality and diversity agenda
• Recent experience in KS1 (E)
• Track record of outstanding teaching in a primary setting (P)
• Experience of leading on initiatives / school development plan projects with defined outcomes (P)
• Experience of working in a team to plan and teach (P)
Main scale. NQTs welcome to apply.
About Bassingbourn Primary School
- Brook Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5NP
- LA Maintained School
- Bassingbourn Primary School website (opens in a new window)