Required for November 2023. Stopsley High School is looking to recruit a Unit Manager and Careers Lead who is highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be joining an energetic, forward thinking and highly ambitious team. It is important that the candidate has:
- proven experience of careers related roles within a secondary setting, or strong capacity to grow into the role with their transferable skills
- a strong awareness of current developments within careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG)
- an awareness of a range of strategies available to address differing behaviour needs
- high standards and expectations, to include a relentless approach to upholding policy
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- the capacity to nurture excellent relationships with staff, students and parents
Stopsley High School has been on a rapid improvement journey which included academising in September 2021 and joining the Middlesex Learning Trust. The School has benefitted from collaborative networking across the three schools, opportunities to showcase best practice and access to innovative training opportunities. All of this hard work culminated in an incredibly positive Ofsted in September 2022, in which the school was graded as “Good” in all five areas.
There are a multitude of benefits to working at Stopsley High School, with Middlesex Learning Trust to support. Benefits include but is not limited to:
Access to fantastic facilities at Stopsley High School in our state of the art school built in 2016, including access to our fitness suite which is free for staff
A comprehensive New Staff Induction programme including a range of personalised CPD opportunities
A supportive staff body who enjoy working collaboratively
A strong commitment to staff wellbeing
Opportunity to take part in our Talent Management Programme which has well-developed tiers to develop the skills of staff and prepare them for promotion within the Trust
Excellent public transport and road links to the rest of the UK and Europe
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.