This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 or earlier
17 April 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full-time
- Ark L21-25 (Outer London) £77,123 - £84,696 depending on experience
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to recruit an exceptional leader to join our secondary senior leadership team as Vice Principal. The successful candidate will lead on all aspects related to the quality of education, including curriculum, teaching, teacher development and the monitoring of academic standards. You will also take on responsibility for the day-to-day management of the school alongside the principal and core leadership colleagues, maintaining the highest standards in all aspects of our AJK school culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Principal or current Vice Principal to work in a successful all through school within a high performing network. This role would suit someone has ambitions to be a principal in the future and who is eager to have impact in all aspects of school leadership.
Our vision and values drive everything that we do, so we are looking for someone who aligns with our approach to curriculum and teaching as well as our wider school ethos. The successful candidate will work closely with other teachers and leaders in the AJK team and wider Ark network to secure excellent outcomes for our children.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and articulate clear values and moral purpose.
- Model excellence in teaching and leadership
- Have demonstrable impact in improving and sustaining excellent outcomes for students and staff.
- Be vision aligned with our approach to curriculum and teaching.
- Have genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student.
- Have up-to-date knowledge in key leadership and teaching areas
- Be motivated to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
What the school offers its staff
- Twice the number of training days as standard.
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering up to £1,000 a year in savings from over 3,000 major retailers.
- Interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycles.
- Gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym.
Further details about the role
Travelling by rail from central London: Our nearest overground station, Turkey Street, is a 10-minute walk from the school and stops at Seven Sisters, Stoke Newington, and Hackney Downs on the way to Liverpool Street. National Rail services are also a 10-minute walk and stop at Tottenham Hale and Hackney Downs before finishing at Liverpool Street.
Travelling by car: We are easily reached by car, with most of Northeast London accessible within 30 minutes. There is free on-site parking for staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ark John Keats Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1795 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ark John Keats Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ark John Keats was founded in 2013 with one class of reception children. We are now a fully-fledged all-through school, running from nursery to year 13, with over 1700 children. Our secondary school is oversubscribed, with a waiting list for every year group. Our community is composed of supportive and committed families who buy into our vision and work with us to ensure their children achieve all they are capable of in the future. We aspire for all our children to have the academic knowledge necessary to enable them to progress to university, for pupils to have a love of learning and curiosity about the world, and for them to be polite, well-mannered young people who take responsibility for their choices and drive their own destinies. Ark John Keats is part of Ark Schools, a hugely successful network serving pupils from deprived communities. Our network shares a belief in our six pillars: • High expectations: we have high expectations of ourselves and for what our children can achieve • Excellent teaching: great teaching is what transforms children’s attainment and opens door for the future. • Exemplary behaviour: children can and should be taught to behave well, following instructions first time, every time, without question. • Depth for breadth: with a curriculum that encompasses the best of what has been thought and said ensuring our pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital to thrive in the classroom and beyond. • Knowing every child: we get to know and care deeply about each of our pupils as individuals. • Always learning: we expect pupils to always learn, but also for our staff to continually develop their professional expertise, supported by Ark’s broad professional development offer.
Arranging a visit to Ark John Keats Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Priory Lane, London, SW15 5RT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London