This job expired on 12 January 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 April 2022
12 January 2022 at 9:00am
3 December 2021
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1651 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thurston Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
About Thurston Community College
Thurston Community College is a large popular mixed comprehensive school. It comprises of two distinct and specialist sites. Our Thurston Campus, for students from Year 7 to Year 11 is situated four miles east of Bury St Edmunds. Thurston Sixth; Beyton Campus is located in the nearby village of Beyton, offering a bespoke centre of excellence for students in Year 12 and Year 13. Both locations provide an exciting, dynamic learning environment, where students display a positive attitude to learning and make good progress.
We are a school that boasts a strong sense of community and prides itself on its culture of high expectations and values. The wellbeing and education of every young person is fundamental to us. We work hard to provide a safe and happy environment within which every student can grow and achieve personal, social and academic success. We are proud of our inclusive approach and strive to ensure learning is enjoyable and seen as a lifelong process.
Our purpose is simple; to inspire a love of learning, empower our college community with the knowledge and skills to help them make meaningful choices and contribute positively to the world in which we live
To achieve excellence in all aspects of school life.
A new Principal was appointed in September 2021 and together with the Governing Body has set an exciting and aspirational vision for the College over the next five years. The person appointed will be a fundamental part in building on our already Good Ofsted Status (March 2018) and realising this vision to create:
1. A stimulating, accessible and safe learning environment in which our villages and towns come together as a community which is much more than the sum of its parts.
2. A high performing learning organisation
3. A culture of high standards, which reinforces excellent behaviour, mutual respect, tolerance and understanding of what it is to be a citizen, not only of the school, but of local, national and international societies.
4. At the heart of a wide network of partnerships that provide opportunities for mutual improvement and benefit.
Principal: Nicki Mattin B.Ed (Hons) NPQH
Current Roll: 1600; Years 7-11: 1350; Sixth Form: 250
Arranging a visit to Thurston Community College
If you wish to visit the College please contact Abigail Fordham on 01359 230885.
School locationNorton Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 3PB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed