We are looking for an outstanding individual to join Harris Academy Riverside as Vice Principal for Teaching and Learning.
Knowledge & Experience
- QTS and a good undergraduate degree
- Minimum of three years at senior leadership level, at least once as a deputy/ Vice Principal
- Experience of delivering high quality INSET to teaching staff
- Proven success in raising achievement as a subject leader across at least two key stages.
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others
- Successful experience of processes of monitoring, evaluation and review that provide performance data that can be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Good level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
- Experience of presenting to a wide audience including teachers, managers, governors and parents
- Ideas of how Language, Literacy and Numeracy can be used across the curriculum to raise standards
- Experience of embedding innovative strategies for improving teaching and learning in a whole school situation
- Experience of managing and implementing change successfully at whole school level
- Experience of using coaching as a model for ensuring on going professional development particularly with subject leaders
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the academy's overall vision for success at all levels
- Willingness to work hard
- Enthusiastic and Exceptional teacher, with a proven track record of excellent results in public examinations.
- Flexible, adaptable, results orientated, able to prioritise; resilient under pressure
- Awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- To command and demand respect from the school community
- A commitment to “personalising learning” for all students in the academy
- Creativity and enthusiasm to promote a positive school image to the local and national community
- The aspirations, talent and enthusiasm to become a Principal
Harris Academy Riverside is a very popular non-selective and highly oversubscribed academy which opened as part of the Harris Federation and the regeneration of the Purfleet on Thames area in 2017. We serve our local community of Purfleet on Thames and West Thurrock and have 900 on roll in the secondary academy and around 200 students in the 6th form.
Harris Academy Riverside seeks to develop students who are successful, confident and happy, who inspire their community and who act with kindness and compassion towards others.
In our procedures and daily routines, our broad and varied curriculum, our pedagogical model and through our commitment to providing experience of the wider world we aim to promote a strong sense of community and belonging, to provide a blend of high challenge and high support and to encourage the development of
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
- Outstanding habits of behaviour such as self-awareness, kindness, appreciation, humility, politeness, confident self-expression and self-presentation and
- Outstanding habits of learning such as determination, resilience, organisation, reading, studying and practice
Main Areas of Responsibility
This will be negotiated with the individual candidate, but could involve:
- To oversee the strategic management of data, assessment and target setting (including reporting achievement data to governors and external bodies as required), working with the Principal to set challenging and aspirational whole academy targets.
- To lead on teaching, learning and assessment across the academy, providing the necessary Professional Learning opportunities to ensure the highest of standards are maintained in the classroom and in student outcomes.
- To lead on effective behaviour and inclusion, ensuring that the needs of all students are met within and beyond the classroom.
General Expectation of Academy Leadership Group
- Collaborate as a member of the academy Leadership Group in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To play a major role in determining strategy for the academy.
- Contributing actively towards the formulation of all academy policies and procedures and ensuring their consistent implementation throughout the school.
- Agreeing challenging subject targets, including student achievement targets, ensuring rigorous monitoring, evaluation and review of progress towards these through faculty improvement plans.
- Ensuring high quality teaching and learning in line managed faculties, following the academy policy for self-evaluation and review.
- To manage delegated budgets effectively.
- To attend academy leadership meetings as appropriate.
- To engage in the process of appointing new staff including the interview process.
- To participate in duties lunch/break/before and after school.
- Contributing to assemblies.
- Sharing in the management of student disciplinary incidents, making recommendations to the Principal regarding exclusions and facilitating the process of student re-integration.
- To actively participate in the monitoring evaluation and review of teaching and learning in line managed faculties. Managing any capability or disciplinary procedures in line with academy policy, where appropriate.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.