Deadline is today
Start date details
23 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- Leadership Scale (Outer London)
+ Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join us as Vice Principal.
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate (with a good degree)
- Qualified Teacher
- Minimum of three years at senior leadership level, at least once as a deputy/ Vice Principal
- Experience of delivering high quality INSET to teaching staff
- Proven success in raising achievement as a subject leader across at least two key stages.
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
- Successful experience of processes of monitoring, evaluation and review that provide performance data that can be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Good level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
- Experience of presenting to a wide audience
- Ideas of how Language, Literacy and Numeracy can be used across the curriculum to raise standards
- Experience of embedding innovative strategies for improving teaching and learning in a whole school situation
- Experience of managing and implementing change successfully at whole school level
- Experience of using coaching as a model for ensuring on going professional development particularly with subject leaders
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the academy's overall vision for success at all levels
- Willingness to work hard
- Enthusiastic and Exceptional teacher, with a proven track record of excellent results in public examinations.
- Flexible, adaptable, results orientated, able to prioritise; resilient under pressure
- Awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- To command and demand respect from the school community
- A commitment to “personalising learning” for all students in the academy
- Creativity and enthusiasm to promote a positive school image to the local and national community
- The aspirations, talent and enthusiasm to become a Principal
What the school offers its staff
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, with a large sixth form of nearly 400 students. The Academy has three consecutive Outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the Academy to be Outstanding in every aspect. We are a consistently high performing school. Our motto, ‘All Can Achieve' encapsulates our vision that all members of the Academy community are supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute potential. We believe that a well-supported and valued staff body is the key to our success.
We are the ‘Teaching School Hub' for Croydon and Sutton and we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development. Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is part of the Harris Federation and this enables us to offer you a comprehensive induction programme and training and development opportunities to support your career development including Masters and other qualifications.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
Main Areas of Responsibility
This will be negotiated with the individual candidate, but could involve:
- To oversee the strategic management of data, assessment and target setting (including reporting achievement data to governors and external bodies as required), working with the Principal to set challenging and aspirational whole academy targets.
- To lead on teaching, learning and assessment across the academy, providing the necessary Professional Learning opportunities to ensure the highest of standards are maintained in the classroom and in student outcomes.
- To lead on effective behaviour and inclusion, ensuring that the needs of all students are met within and beyond the classroom.
General Expectation of Academy Leadership Group
- Collaborate as a member of the academy Leadership Group in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To play a major role in determining strategy for the academy.
- Contributing actively towards the formulation of all academy policies and procedures and ensuring their consistent implementation throughout the school.
- Agreeing challenging subject targets, including student achievement targets, ensuring rigorous monitoring, evaluation and review of progress towards these through faculty improvement plans.
- Ensuring high quality teaching and learning in line managed faculties, following the academy policy for self-evaluation and review.
- To manage delegated budgets effectively.
- To attend academy leadership meetings as appropriate.
- To engage in the process of appointing new staff including the interview process.
- To participate in duties lunch/break/before and after school.
- Contributing to assemblies.
- Sharing in the management of student disciplinary incidents, making recommendations to the Principal regarding exclusions and facilitating the process of student re-integration.
- To actively participate in the monitoring evaluation and review of teaching and learning in line managed faculties. Managing any capability or disciplinary procedures in line with academy policy, where appropriate.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1294 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 771 2261
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a pioneering academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, and celebrated its 25th anniversary last academic year. The founding academy of the Harris Federation, it has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, most recently finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect in 2014. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance. Come and see us in action: visits to Harris City Academy Crystal Palace are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 771 2261 or email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Similar jobs nearby
Business Development Consultant
Macdonald Road, London, E17 4AZ
Wren Academy Enfield
3 Chace Village Road, Enfield, EN2 8GH
Endeavour Co-Operative Academy
Hogarth Avenue, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 8BE
Deputy Headteacher - Culture & Inclusion
Esher Church of England High School
More Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London