- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L8 – L12
Highgate Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity for a Vice Principal to join their team!
The Vice Principal will focus firmly on supporting the embedding of the newly developed curriculum, leading teaching and learning, student success and support the professional development of colleagues whilst being a capable leader with the potential and desire to develop further.
The Vice Principal will also ensure standards are applied consistently in terms of the:
• Smooth day-to-day running of the academy
• Ensure all staff are aware of all academy policies
• Implementation of the quality assurance procedures for all aspects of the work of the academy
As our Vice principal, you will:
• Work with the Principal, supporting the leading of Teaching and Learning
• Ensure a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all pupils can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning
• Work with the Principal, developing self and working with others
• Work with the Principal in strengthening the community
• Work with the Principal to secure accountability
• Manage self and encourage colleagues to retain a healthy balance in their professional and personal lives
We are looking for individuals who have:
• Experience of Senior Leadership within a school/academy context, with demonstrable impact
• Knowledge of and ability to implement effective systems and practices to promote good behaviour and develop a positive ethos
• Ability to develop and engage teachers in using data appropriately to raise achievement and improve behaviour
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 340 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Highgate Primary Academy
Highgate Primary Academy is an innovative and aspirational primary set in the heart of the Dearne Valley community in Barnsley. We have 340 children on roll ranging from three to eleven years. Goldthorpe is a close community that has benefited from regeneration programmes and investment, and as an academy we have worked tirelessly with families and partners to create a high-achieving school where ‘Excellence and Enjoyment for all’ underpins everything we do.
We are a community-focussed academy that provides our pupils with the best possible start in life, and helps them acquire the skills, knowledge and ambition to be effective members of a changing society. To do this we work hard to develop not just their academic ability, but the skills and outlook required to be successful life-long learners.
We are proud of being judged a ‘good school’ by Ofsted in 2017, and we welcome applications from candidates who have high expectations, a strong work ethic and who can make a real difference within our community.
Our academy is bursting with potential, and we always look for talented individuals to join us on our journey to becoming outstanding!