Vice Principal (Inclusion)
This job expired on 16 April 2023
Start date details
16 April 2023 at 11:59pm
30 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £70,037 - £79,160 per annum
A relocation package is available for the successful candidate.
What skills and experience we're looking for
- You will have an exemplary and proven track record of leading on aspects of school improvement
- With the Headteacher, you will develop an ethos and culture of high expectations, inclusion, challenge and support that promotes good behaviour, attendance and welfare throughout the school
- You will take ownership of the school’s inclusion, behaviour, attendance and admissions policies and ensure staff fully understand and implement policy consistently
- Ensure outside agencies are engaged, as appropriate, to support identified students
- Provide professional leadership and management at a strategic level for the academy including developing and implementing policies and practices
- Establish a firm foundation from which high standards in all areas of the academy’s work are attainable
- You will hold QTS status and hold relevant safeguarding and inclusions experience and or qualifications. For a full person specification please see the attached JD and person specification.
What the school offers its staff
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Goodwin Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 857 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Goodwin Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development. Where students need additional support, we will look to meet their needs through our highly effective pastoral system. The school has a thriving extra-curricular programme with many opportunities for students to grow their talents. In the sporting arena, the school has a wide range of very successful teams and have regular student productions, dance shows and exhibitions. Ultimately, we aspire for our students to develop their academic and life skills, so that they become confident, well-rounded and contented individuals and are equipped and ready to be successful for the world of work and the challenges of the 21st Century.
Arranging a visit to Goodwin Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Geraldine.Baird@goodwinacademy.tsat.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed