This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds West Academy as a Vice Principal. You will be an exceptional leader, who is able to share the vision for our Academy and inspire others to make a significant contribution to the academy’s mission to become world-class. You will be driven by a commitment to securing the best educational experience for our students, in order to raise aspirations and transform lives.
You will be an experienced leader with a track record of sustained impact and influence in your area of specialism. You will demonstrate a solid understanding in your formulation and implementation of strategy, evidenced by sustained and significant school-wide improvement.
Specific responsibilities will be based on the strength of the candidate and will be discussed at interview.
We have created a strong and safe culture, where staff and students can thrive. We were judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in May 2019 because teaching is strong, the support we provide for our students and staff is unrivalled and because our results have improved year-on-year since 2016. This year, our students secured the best results in the school’s history. In short, there is no better time to join Leeds West Academy, as a colleague, a leader or as a student.
Leeds West Academy is a fabulous place to work. We are caring and supportive and, as part of the White Rose Academies Trust and ground-breaking Luminate Education Group, we benefit from exceptional CPD like no other in the City. A broad, varied and highly bespoke package is well-established, driven by the latest in educational research focused on the development of all professionals in the organisation at each career stage. Colleagues train with us, they grow with us and they progress with us.
Our academy predominantly serves the community of Bramley in Leeds. We oversubscribed and popular within our community. More families are choosing Leeds West Academy as first-choice for their children than ever before.
Our students are amazing; they are generally respectful young people who embrace diversity and have a strong sense of fairness. We benefit from world-class facilities, and accommodated in a £30 million building, which opened in late 2011. Staff and students at the academy benefit from a bright, modern, heavily resourced learning environment, which is highly flexible to meet the needs of the 21st century learner.
So, now it is over to you. Are you are eager to join a forward-thinking organisation, committed to securing the highest educational, professional and personal standards? Do you feel passionately about transforming lives and communities? If so, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
To apply for this role, alongside completing the application form, you will need to submit a letter introducing yourself, detailing your specific area of expertise and relevant examples.
Closing Date: 10th January 2020 – 9am
Shortlisting: 10th January 2020
Candidates informed: 10th January 2020 - pm
Interview Dates: w/c 13th January 2020
Start Date: Easter 2020
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Successful track record and significant previous experience as Senior Leader
• Experience in accelerating the progress of groups of/individual students
• Experience of shaping and delivering professional development activity
• Recent successful experience of shaping and delivering an initiative and evaluating its impact
• Experience of effective line management of colleagues
• Experience of leading other colleagues
• Successful contributions to team work
• Proven track record as a highly skilled classroom practitioner
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of national educational development and priorities to include 11-16 curriculum, assessment and reporting
• Successful involvement in self-evaluation processes and data analysis as an aid in personal and institutional improvement, development and change
• Successful working relationships with students, staff, parents/carers, Governors and the wider
Salary L20-L24 £63,806 - £70,370 pending 2.75% increase
Excellent CPD programme
Please see the staff benefits page on our website for more details of the benefits we offer.
About Leeds West Academy
- Intake Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS13 1DQ
- Leeds West Academy website (opens in a new window)