Vice Principal of Secondary School
Samuel Whitbread Academy, Shefford, Bedfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£70,557 to £77,818|
The Vice Principal will lead on the following areas:
* The quality of education at Samuel Whitbread Academy; and
* The progress, behaviour, attitudes and personal development of students in a designated Key Stage.
Essential educational requirements
* Undergraduate Degree
* Qualified Teacher Status
* Professional Development in preparation for senior leadership responsibility.
Essential skills and experience
* Experience as a senior leader in school setting
* Successfully led, planned, managed and evaluated change which has led to significant whole school improvement
* Demonstrate the ability to work strategically and successfully at a senior level
* Working successfully with other education partners and providers.
* Demonstrated outstanding, sustained and successful experience as a Teacher in a secondary context
* Substantial experience of teaching students up to Key Stage 4
* Can demonstrate strategic thinking and planning that builds, communicates and carries forward a coherent and shared vision
* Significant and successful experience of implementing strategies for improving the quality of teaching and learning, including promoting excellence and challenging poor performance
* Significant experience of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning, including its outcomes in terms of standards, achievement, personal development and wellbeing
|School size||1669 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||13 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Samuel Whitbread Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Samuel Whitbread Academy
Samuel Whitbread Academy
We offer an exceptional academic and extracurricular experience at Samuel Whitbread Academy in an outstanding learning environment where students are expected to work hard and achieve their best.
In our last Ofsted inspection, we were judged as ‘Good’ with many outstanding features and over the next three years we have set ourselves the target of being Outstanding!
Our GCSE results are amongst the best in the Local Authority. We offer a well-balanced curriculum with plenty of choice to prepare our students for the next stage in their lives. Most of our students continue on to the Sixth Form, which is one of the largest and highest performing in the area - providing students with a huge range of courses designed to match the expectations of universities and employers.
Our pastoral care is exceptional and we have dedicated pastoral support teams for each Year Group. The Academy is also broken down into five houses, named after people who have made a distinctive contribution to our community. These provide the framework for the multitude of different competitions, celebrations and charity events that bring our school community together during the year.
Extra-curricular opportunity is a vital part of our ethos and we expect all of our students to get involved in at least one club or activity. There are a huge number of opportunities ranging from highly competitive sports teams to spectacular drama and musical performances.
We enjoy showing visitors around the school so please take the opportunity to come and see us during the school day, so you can see Samuel Whitbread Academy in action and we can answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nick Martin, Principal.
Shefford Road, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5QS