This post is for a September 2023 start however, for the right candidate we will offer an Easter 2023 start.
Sheffield Park Academy is seeking to appoint a high calibre individual with Leadership experience and the ability to inspire students and staff who wish to play a key role in the further development of our academy as we move toward ‘ Outstanding’.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ academy. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Park Academy is an 11-18 academy. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
If you are a resilient and dynamic leader with exceedingly high expectations, a can-do attitude and a proven track record of improving student behaviour or character and effecting cultural change at Assistant Principal level we would welcome an application from you.
Working alongside an experienced Senior Leadership Team and a Principal with a track record of rapid academy/school improvement, this opportunity would suit an ambitious individual with a competitive drive for excellence. We are seeking a strong individual who will establish a true presence within the academy and become a focal point of the existing Senior Leadership Team. This role will suit a candidate aiming for Headship in the next two to three years. It would also suit a person with strong interpersonal skills, who commands respect from students and staff alike and is able to inspire students of a variety of ages and backgrounds. The ability to teach English or Maths would be an advantage but is not essential and the teaching commitment for this role is not significant.
As Vice Principal you will join a team responsible for leading the academy in its improvement priorities. You will work with the Principal to help drive forward improvements to develop the academy staff, students and wider community. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership of driving up standards at the academy, ensuring an outstanding pastoral provision and outcome for every student. Experience or previous oversight of careers, transition and character development would be welcomed.
We require a senior leader who has:
- A proven track record of success in your current remit, evidenced by outstanding student outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead effectively and work as part of a team.
- A strategic vision and proven ability to make things happen.
- High quality organisational and management skills.
- Personal qualities to inspire, motivate, support and challenge others.
- The ability to raise the aspirations of our students and staff.
In return you will:
- Have the chance to shape the future of the academy.
- Be given opportunities to develop both professionally and personally.
- Be able to use your creative ability to make the academy’s vision a reality.
We will offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff and students.
- The opportunity to work with an established Senior Leadership Team.
- Training and development opportunities across the largest MAT in the UK
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of academies.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
If you have the drive and vision to help take us to the next level, then we look forward to hearing from you. Conversations with the Principal are welcomed and would be treated in confidence, to organise this please e-mail Louise Goddard, PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button at the top of this page to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email email@example.com The closing date for this post is 9:00 am on Monday 20 February 2023. Interviews will take place soon after.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.