We are looking for an outstanding individual to join Harris Academy Tottenham as Vice Principal.
Safeguarding & Inclusion is the initial focus, but the exact remit is open to the best candidate's own-specialism so we are also open to candidates with expertise in teaching & learning and curriculum strands of leadership and/or 6th Form.
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate (with a good degree)
- Qualified Teacher
- Minimum of three years at senior leadership level, at least once as a deputy/ Vice Principal
- Experience of delivering high quality INSET to teaching staff
- Proven success in raising achievement as a subject leader across at least two key stages.
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
- Successful experience of processes of monitoring, evaluation and review that provide performance data that can be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Good level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
- Experience of presenting to a wide audience
- Ideas of how Language, Literacy and Numeracy can be used across the curriculum to raise standards
- Experience of embedding innovative strategies for improving teaching and learning
- Experience of managing and implementing change successfully
- Experience of using coaching as a model
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the academy's vision
- Willingness to work hard
- A proven track record of excellent results in public examinations.
- Flexible, adaptable, results orientated, able to prioritise; resilient under pressure
- Awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
- To command and demand respect from the school community
- A commitment to “personalising learning” for all students
- Creativity and enthusiasm to promote a positive school image
- The aspirations, talent and enthusiasm to become a Principal
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we are innovative, open and collaborative. We would like fellow innovators, passionate pedagogists and creative class leaders to join us during this exciting time. With a dedicated SLT team on hand for support and guidance, there are a multitude of CPD opportunities to thrive on. You can expect to be a part of a fantastic team of dedicated teachers and support staff as well as an attentive, supportive work culture.
Our brand-new facilities allow us to continue expanding our curriculum offer, ensuring students experiences are both varied and enriching. The premises has undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment, and reached completion in May 2019. Our new Sports Block opened in May 2019, and has fantastic facilities including a Sports Hall, Activity Studio, Multi Use Game Areas.
Having been recognised as ‘Outstanding' by OFSTED in June 2017, we are excited to have new members of staff join us in delivering transformative learning experiences. The inspectors commented that ‘learning is the business of the day' and that sentiment underpins all that we do. Since then, the school continues to grow and strive for the highest standards.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
General Expectation of Academy Leadership Group
- Collaborate as a member of the academy Leadership Group in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To play a major role in determining strategy for the academy.
- Contributing actively towards the formulation of all academy policies and procedures and ensuring their consistent implementation throughout the school.
- Agreeing challenging subject targets, including student achievement targets, ensuring rigorous monitoring, evaluation and review of progress towards these through faculty improvement plans.
- Ensuring high quality teaching and learning in line managed faculties, following the academy policy for self-evaluation and review.
- To manage delegated budgets effectively.
- To attend academy leadership meetings as appropriate.
- To engage in the process of appointing new staff including the interview process.
- To participate in duties lunch/break/before and after school.
- Contributing to assemblies.
- Sharing in the management of student disciplinary incidents, making recommendations to the Principal regarding exclusions and facilitating the process of student re-integration.
- To actively participate in the monitoring evaluation and review of teaching and learning in line managed faculties. Managing any capability or disciplinary procedures in line with academy policy, where appropriate.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.