Vice Principal - Teaching and Assessment
The role is to lead on teaching and learning, assessment and professional development. In addition, each Vice Principal is expected to support the Principal with the strategic plans for whole Academy improvement and contribute operationally on a day to day basis.
Over time each Vice Principal should be prepared to lead on such areas as curriculum development, timetabling, tracking and analysis of results/data, behaviour management, external relations and community links, staff development, training and induction. As members of the senior leadership team, the Vice Principals will also be centrally involved in the overall leadership and management of the Academy, and will help to establish an Academy culture that is both nurturing and rigorous.
Essential educational requirements
• Experience at Assistant Head or Deputy Head level (or equivalent)
• Experience of having worked successfully in at least one school or Academy in an urban, multi-cultural setting, teaching students from backgrounds of socio-economic disadvantage
• Experience of having led, or significantly contributed to, the success of a school or Academy through its leadership, ethos, teaching and learning and results
• Experience of having improved and sustained an effective behaviour management policy.
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Evidence of further professional development.
Essential skills and experience
• Able to work in close harmony with the Principal
• Effective management style that encourages participation, innovation and confidence
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff within a performance management framework, including professional development and effective management of underperformance
• Ability to develop the leadership skills of others
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Takes personal responsibility for their own actions
• Resilience and motivation to lead the Academy through day-to-day challenges while maintaining a clear strategic vision and direction
• Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
About Ark Globe Academy
At Ark Globe Academy we have the highest aspirations for all our children to ensure they are prepared for university and inspired to be leaders in their community. We offer our students a first class education based on high quality teaching and experiences outside of the classroom.
- Harper Road, London, SE1 6AG
- All Through
- Ark Globe Academy website (opens in a new window)